Just Me

Just Me

Friday, January 6, 2017

My heart breaks...everyday

Hearts are broken everywhere!

With the recent news on the recent shooting in Florida, my heart aches...and my heart breaks.

I choose to NOT watch the news because it hurts my heart too much and that hurt can consume me in the blink of an eye. I feel that only the bad is shared on the news. Much of what is shared on the news is over and done and no one can possibly fix it by the time we hear about it.

Tonight while tucking in my babes for the night, E brought up the recent shooting at an airport. Lots of questions were asked about what may cause so much madness. I asked the girls what they thought about the shooting since I myself had not heard all the details. We talked about what caused this tragedy and one of out sweet girls (our youngest, who is only 6 years old) said that she believed the only way someone could possibly cause all this hurt must also be hurt themselves.

I truly believe that...I believe that someone commits these crimes and acts of hate ONLY because their heart and mind are sick. They may have missed out on a parent's love, they may have been bullied, but most likely they felt hopeless at least once...at least one time someone was left alone to feel completely hopeless...COMPLETELY!

I too have felt hopeless on far too many occasions. But I also know there are many other options...the most important being Jesus.

"How do we fix this?" I asked my sweet girls...

All three answered without hesitation, "We love hard, momma. We love without question. We love like tomorrow never comes. We love like no one is watching"

Wouldn't this life be so much better if we too loved like no one knew the hurt that filled this life? Wouldn't life be better if we only loved as if tomorrow would never come?

Love your neighbors, friends! And love them madly...no matter what! My girls helped me realize tonight that love is exactly what this world needs and exactly what this world is missing most...LOVE

I ask you all to love a little harder. Love a little deeper. AND love madly always and forever!

Much love and grace,

Stephanie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment